Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Blossoms of Spring

On any given day in the spring, if you were to walk out with camera in hand, you might find yourself amazed at the many delicate and possibly challenging subjects to be captured through your lens. I know this is how I feel at times and I truly enjoy trying new subjects and learning to work with the settings to make the best shot. It's hard sometimes, and I still have so much to learn {which becomes evident to me quite often!}, but it's a time to enjoy being outdoors and getting to view the wonders of the Father's handiwork!

A small gathering of white azaleas rest in a cobalt-blue {one of my favorite colors!} vase...

An intricate purple and yellow iris...

This lovely butterfly came to rest on the azalea bush out in front of our house when I was taking pictures. Of course, this entitled it to a free photoshoot! :)

"The grass withers, the flower fades,
                               But the word of our God stands forever."
                                                                   {Isaiah 40:8}


7 comments:

  1. Ooh, what lovely pictures!! I love the one with the butterfly. Very pretty. :) I wish we had more blossoming things around here. Right now we just have lilac bushes... Those are my favorite, but we had a frost last night, so we will see if they bloom this summer. I really hope they do! They haven't bloomed in several yeras because of late frosts....
    thanks for the pictures!
    In Christ's Service,
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for your sweet comments, Sarah! The wonderful diversity in our Father's beautiful flowers is just amazing and it's a blessing to be able to enjoy them isn't it?! We don't have a whole lot flowers around our place either, but the azaleas were pretty this year, as well as the irises, buttercups and other flowers that grow "wild" along the road we go walking on. They're so lovely!
    Again, thank you for the comments and for following! Blessings to you and your family!
    Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Hello Sweet Maggie,

    I just sawa that you left a post congratulating Mary Ann for the Marie-Madeline Giveaway on my blog...I am so happy to see you as well that you have started a photography blog...as well that is public..so it is much more easier for me to follow along with you..I actually just started the Ruby Jean blog...and have been doing a series of Giveaways..I hope you join in on some of the fun....

    Many Blessings to you
    Angelina

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maggie,

    Hope you are having a great week! Your photography blog is so nice and I look forward to seeing more of your photos here. I hope the wedding went well! Did you get any pictures of it?

    My earlier comment was deleted (blogger went kaput last week :)...but Mom was wondering how do you keep the weeds out of your garlic? :)

    In Jesus,
    Sarah
    Psalm 42:8

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Sarah,

    Thank you so much for commenting! It's so nice to hear input from friends, so I would really enjoy hearing any suggestions you have about the photos. I still have so much to learn and I need to practice a whole lot more! :D
    Yes, the wedding was very pretty and I may post some pictures later. Weddings are so fun to attend!
    Well, we just hand-weed the garlic - in fact, we need to get down there and work on them again soon. :) Since they're so close together, that works better than using any kind of tool. Does your mom grow garlic? I think this may be the first year we've tried it - at least the first in quite a while.
    I hope your family is well. We've been enjoying a spell of cooler weather, which has been great. Summer seems to be on the way though!

    Blessings,
    Maggie Ree

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello! Just thought I drop by and say 'hi'!
    Yes, I love God's wonderful creation. He is just amazing. Botany was one of my favorite science subjects. Just learning about all God's wonderful plants!!
    What?! You have those growing 'wild' along the roads? I am totally jealous! lol! ;)

    I hope you and your family are doing well. Tell Martha Joy hi for me and that I'll write her soon! :)

    In Christ's Service,
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave feedback...